The goal of Shar-Pei Rescue of VA is to help rehabilitate and re-home shelter Shar-Pei, Shar-Pei in situations of cruelty and neglect, and Shar-Pei from families that can no longer care for them. We are an IRS 501©3 approved organization. Our group is comprised of volunteers that are dedicated to finding loving, forever homes for Shar-Pei in need.
Since our volunteers, supporters, and Shar-Pei, are
widely dispersed and we don't have a central location for a physical tree,
we created an online Tree of Hope. This has been an annual tradition for the past several years
and is one of our main fundraisers.
Please help the Rescue Shar-Pei by sponsoring one of the Shar-Pei or adding an ornament, gift, or embellishment to our tree display. Your donation will help Pei in need and make the Rescue‘s tree more festive!
Click Here to visit our Tree of Hope!
- The Rescue phone will not be monitored from Dec 18 to Feb 1st. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to reach us.
- Nola (previously Ruby) has new pictures and a video!
- Hap-Pei News! Willow‘s adoption is complete!
- Please don‘t forget to use iGive.com when doing your online holiday shopping! When you use iGive, a portion of every transaction goes to benefit Shar-Pei Rescue of VA. There is no cost to you. Generate donations from any of the 1,200 stores (ex: Amazon.com, Sears, Macy's, PETCO, Pet Food Direct...) listed with iGive when you shop. If you are not already signed up, please sign up today!
- Welcome Diesel, a six month old male Shar-Pei. Great news...Diesel‘s foster family is adopting him!
- Very sad news. Clifford, previously Roland, crossed to Rainbow Bridge on 11/25. Clifford was rescued from a rural NC shelter. He was high heartworm positive. Sadly, his vet visit revealed that he had other serious medical issues, including a tumor in his mouth, and his chest x-ray showed that his chest was filled with fluid. He was very sick and was having difficulty breathing, so it was decided that it was time to let him pass peacefully. He was only with us for a short time, but he had a chance to be loved by his foster family. His foster mommy was with him and helped him to cross to Rainbow Bridge. RIP Clifford
- More Hap-Pei News! Sadie‘s adoption is complete, and Rocky has an adoption pending!
- Meet Baby, a young, sweet, cream female Shar-Pei.
- Hap-Pei News! Monica and Seven‘s adoptions are complete!
- Please remember Shar-Pei Rescue of VA when making your Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) of South Hampton Roads and Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign (CVC) designations! All donations help Shar-Pei in need. Our agency code for the CFC is 21380, and our CVC code is 03753.
- We have four new styles and colors of Shar-Pei Rescue of Virginia logo t-shirts! Visit our Pei Shop for details Order now for the best selection of sizes!
- Please take a look at our courtesy page where we have Shar-Pei listed from other agencies and individuals.
In Memory of Tracey Lewis
(1969 - 2010)
Hi, I‘m Hennie! I am a sweet little six year old girl rescued from a Tennessee shelter. I am good with other dogs and cats too. I was raised with a child in my previous home.
I am an energetic girl who also enjoys naps around the house. I am very smart and gentle, and I love to play tug of war with my rope. I also like to sit and shake paws for treats. I am always wagging my tail and am just a happy, loving girl.
Do I sound like the girl for you? If so, please fill out an application and ask for Hennie!
Please visit the adoption page to read more about me and see more pictures!
Foster homes are a vital part of what we do. The number of Shar-Pei we can help is determined by the foster homes available. For more information on fostering, please visit our Help a Pei page. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out an application.