The goal of Shar-Pei Rescue of VA is to help rehabilitate and re-home shelter Shar-Pei, Shar-Pei in situations of cruelty and neglect, and Shar-Pei from families that can no longer care for them. We are an IRS 501©3 approved organization. Our group is comprised of volunteers that are dedicated to finding loving, forever homes for Shar-Pei in need.
- Great News! Gordon has an adoption pending!
- Welcome Lola! What an adorable little Shar-Pei / Basset Hound mix!
- FOSTER HOME NEEDED! Harley (fawn male, 8 years old) and Tinkerbell (cream female, 9 years old) need a foster home together. These siblings have loving and lazy temperaments, and both are reported to be great with kids and other dogs. Anyone have room for these two kids? If so, please email email@example.com or fill out an application if you have not completed an adoption/foster application in the past.
- Hap-Pei News! Willow and Magoo have adoptions pending!
- More Hap-Pei News! Shadow‘s adoption is complete!
- We are having a fundraiser for our three heartworm positive pei-bies who will need heartworm treatment in the next few months. We do not leave dogs behind in shelters because they are heartworm positive, but the treatment is expensive and is often on top of other issues associated with long term neglect. Please visit our Heartworm Peibies‘ fundraising page. Thank you for your support!
- Say Hello to Titus, our new male Shar-Pei who just arrived from an NC shelter!
- A huge THANK YOU to the Greg Biffle Foundation for their generous grant to support our efforts to help Shar-Pei in need and for their ongoing efforts to raise awareness and provide support for animal causes!
- Please take a look at our courtesy page where we have Shar-Pei listed from other agencies and individuals.
In Memory of Tracey Lewis
(1969 - 2010)
I‘m Tucker, a sweet male Pei rescued from a Virginia shelter.
I am very mellow and love to give kisses. I would do great with a family that has kids, and I do well with other dogs. I lived with a little boy who I adored and am now living with other dogs. Foster Mommy says that I am absolutely lovely and any family would be lucky to have me!
If you are interested in adopting me, please fill out an application, and ask for Tucker!
Please visit the adoption page to read more about me, see more pictures, and check out my video!
Foster homes are a vital part of what we do. The number of Shar-Pei we can help is determined by the foster homes available. For more information on fostering, please visit our Help a Pei page. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out an application.