The goal of Shar-Pei Rescue of VA is to help rehabilitate and re-home shelter Shar-Pei, Shar-Pei in situations of cruelty and neglect, and Shar-Pei from families that can no longer care for them. We are an IRS 501©3 approved organization. Our group is comprised of volunteers that are dedicated to finding loving, forever homes for Shar-Pei in need.
- Welcome Tokyo, a sweet two-year old female Shar-Pei!
- Meet Louie, a beautiful one-year old male Shar-Pei!
- Hap-Pei News! Linus has an adoption pending!
- Adorable Sandy needs a foster or adopter with a secure fenced yard. She is very timid and a flight risk, so she must have a fenced yard. If anyone with a fenced yard is able to help, please let us know. If you have adopted or fostered before, please email email@example.com. If not, please fill out a foster application.
- THANK YOU to the Onyx & Breezy Foundation for providing a grant towards Pearl‘s orthopedic surgery. We greatly appreciate their support!
- Welcome Diva, a spunky, little female Shar-Pei!
- Pearl had her surgery on 6/21. The surgery went well, but they were only able to complete one leg because it took so long. She will be having surgery on the other leg later this summer. Please check her fundraising page or the Rescue's Facebook page for updates.
In Memory of Tracey Lewis
(1969 - 2010)
Hi, I'm Rocky! I am a very sweet, social two year old boy. I was in bad shape and very underweight when I came from the shelter, so they thought I was older. I have been doing great in my foster home and am now up to 37.5 pounds! I like other dogs and cats. I have lived with kids and have done fine, but we think I would do best with older children. My coat is coming in nicely. I look great and am playing like the two year old youngster that I am!
Are you looking for a sweet, young boy to join your family? Well then look no further! Please fill out an application and ask for Rocky!
Please visit the adoption page to read more about me and see more pictures!
Foster homes are a vital part of what we do. The number of Shar-Pei we can help is determined by the foster homes available. For more information on fostering, please visit our Help a Pei page. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out an application.