The goal of Shar-Pei Rescue of VA is to help rehabilitate and re-home shelter Shar-Pei, Shar-Pei in situations of cruelty and neglect, and Shar-Pei from families that can no longer care for them. We are an IRS 501©3 approved organization. Our group is comprised of volunteers that are dedicated to finding loving, forever homes for Shar-Pei in need.
- Welcome Diva, a spunky, little female Shar-Pei!
- Pearl had her surgery on 6/21. The surgery went well, but they were only able to complete one leg because it took so long. She will be having surgery on the other leg on 6/28. She is still in the hospital and is doing well. Please check her fundraising page or the Rescue's Facebook page for updates.
- Hap-Pei News! Alexandra‘s adoption is complete!
- Sad news...beautiful, sweet Tootie (aka Solomon) crossed to Rainbow Bridge on June 13. His foster family gave him a wonderful retirement home where he was loved and spoiled with lots of treats that he enjoyed so much. We send our sympathy to Tootie‘s foster family. RIP Tootie.
- Meet Sandy, an adoprable light fawn female Shar-Pei!
- Welcome Lexi, a cute little fawn female horsecoat Shar-Pei!
- More Hap-Pei News! Sophie and Zenny‘s adoptions are complete!
- Shar-Pei Rescue of Virginia is pleased to announce that we have been approved to receive an
Emergency Medical Grant from the Ian Somerhalder Foundation to help with the rehabilitation of Pearl. We are very grateful for their support!
We are still fundraising for Pearl and would greatly appreciated any donations towards her surgeries and physical therapy. Please visit Pearl's fundraising page for updates.
In Memory of Tracey Lewis
(1969 - 2010)
Hi, I'm Rocky! I am a very sweet, social two year old boy. I was in bad shape and very underweight when I came from the shelter, so they thought I was older. I have been doing great in my foster home and am now up to 37.5 pounds! I like other dogs and cats. I have lived with kids and have done fine, but we think I would do best with older children. My coat is coming in nicely. I look great and am playing like the two year old youngster that I am!
Are you looking for a sweet, young boy to join your family? Well then look no further! Please fill out an application and ask for Rocky!
Please visit the adoption page to read more about me and see more pictures!
Foster homes are a vital part of what we do. The number of Shar-Pei we can help is determined by the foster homes available. For more information on fostering, please visit our Help a Pei page. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out an application.