The goal of Shar-Pei Rescue of VA is to help rehabilitate and re-home shelter Shar-Pei, Shar-Pei in situations of cruelty and neglect, and Shar-Pei from families that can no longer care for them. We are an IRS 501©3 approved organization. Our group is comprised of volunteers that are dedicated to finding loving, forever homes for Shar-Pei in need.
- Welcome Wrinkles, a very cute sable female Shar-Pei.
- Meet Oliver and Sabrina, two poor pups who were victims in a cruelty case. Oliver‘s foster family has decided to adopt him!
- Welcome Solomon, a senior male Shar-Pei.
- Hap-Pei News...Cuddles, Truffles, and Star‘s adoptions are complete!
- Meet Mojo (previously Fisher Price), a cute chocolate male Shar-Pei rescued from New York City.
- Welcome Pharoah, a super cute prick-eared female Shar-Pei.
- Hap-Pei News! Turner and Raya have adoptions pending, and Marley's adoption is complete!
- Foster Home Needed! Riley needs a foster home. Can anyone help? If you have adopted or fostered before, please email email@example.com. If not, please fill out a foster application.
We have passed the 1/2 way point on our fundraiser!
We have some major veterinary expenses for some of the Rescue Pei-bies. These expenses are well beyond what we can cover with our general fundraisers and adoption fees. We need to raise $6,600 to cover these upcoming veterinary expenses and continue to be able to help other Shar-Pei.
Please visit Mousse, Gabby, and Elsa“s fundraising page to read more about this urgent need.
In Memory of Tracey Lewis
(1969 - 2010)
Hi, I‘m Mousse, a pretty chocolate seven year old female Shar-Pei. My pretty color reminded Foster Mommy of chocolate mousse, so that‘s how I got my name!
I am a very sweet, gentle laid back girl. I love to go for walks, and I have a Shar-Pei friend here at my foster home who I like to play with.
I am looking for my “furever” home. Do I sound like the girl for you? If so, please fill out an application and ask for Mousse!
Please visit the adoption page to read more about me and see more pictures!
Foster homes are a vital part of what we do. The number of Shar-Pei we can help is determined by the foster homes available. For more information on fostering, please visit our Help a Pei page. If you are interested in fostering, please fill out an application.